You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Our e-learning sessions are designed to be completed in your own time. Awareness level sessions take 10-15 minutes to complete. Introductory and intermediate sessions take around 30-60 minutes to complete.
What you will learn
Details of what you will learn and who the training is suitable for can be found on our training portal.
Training for those who are new to their role and/or new to housing and homelessness.
- The Importance of Identifying Housing Status
- The Difference Between a Tenancy and Licence
Level One (Introductory)
Training for those new into housing or advice job roles and those who do not have prior knowledge or experience in the subject area.
- Identifying Housing Status (1): Tenancy or Licence
- Local Authority Homelessness Duties
- Public Authorities Duty to Refer
- Can My Client Afford to Stay in Their Home
- Housing or Homeless Application: The Difference
Level Two (Intermediate)
Training for homelessness or housing options staff, as well as others who encounter enquiries relating to the specified topic. Please check the portal for any existing knowledge requirements.
- Introductory and Starter Tenancies
- Landlord Harassment
- Applying to suspend a warrant
- Housing Rights for Students
- Housing Rights for Tenants with Tied Tenancies
- Housing Rights for Ex Offenders
- Housing Disrepair
- Right to Rent Immigration Checks
- Tenancy deposits - during and after ASTs
- Social Housing Tenancies
- Challenging Homeless Decisions
How to book
Step 1: Set up a Training Portal Account
All scheduled face-to-face courses, briefings, webinars and e-learning courses can be booked through our online portal. You will need your unique training user ID and password to book.
If you don't have an account please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full name, organisation and postcode.
If you already have an account, go to step 3.
Step 2: Download Our Portal Guides
Manager Portal Guide
If you are a manager and will be using the booking portal to book your staff onto courses then read our Manager Portal Guide. In the manager portal, you can review course bookings, create new account users, book courses for users, view training history, and run reports.
Learner Portal Guide
The Learner Portal Guide is the view of the booking portal that users (who are not designated as managers/account managers) will see when they log in. Within a user portal the learner can search for courses to book, view courses they are booked on to, book bitesize elearning, and more.
Step 3: Book a Course
You will need your unique training user ID and password to book.
All scheduled face-to-face courses, events, webinars and e-learning courses can be booked through the portal.