NHAS consultancy advice line webchat improvements & extended hours
Posted on 12/05/20
Over the past few months we have considerably increased the availability of our online webchat service by investing in the necessary technology to allow more people to chat to our specialist advisers.
Webchat hours have been extended to run 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. You can access webchat by clicking the ‘chat with us’ button at the top of each page of this website.
In April 2020 the service answered a record 267 webchat enquiries, approximately 30% of all enquiries handled. Before these service investments the Consultancy Advice Line would average 50 - 60 webchat enquiries per month.
As with our users, we have been faced with maintaining our consultancy advice line offer during the Covid-19 crisis. The fact that we had already started to increase the webchat offer, and many of our advisers had been trialling home-working, meant that there was little disruption to service delivery once government advice to close places of work was implemented.
Once our users settled in to their own home-working arrangements, many have found the webchat service to be a useful way of accessing advice for their users.
The webchat service works to these basic principles:
- You will receive the same high-level of service whether you contact us via webchat or telephone. You will speak to the same experienced specialist advisers.
- Our advisers only deal with one enquiry at a time – they will not be juggling several enquiries at once, you will have their full attention.
- You can share documentation with our advisers, so long as it is properly redacted in order to maintain the anonymity of the service.
- You can ask about all aspects of housing related advice. It is rare that enquiries cannot be handled over webchat. In the unlikely event that a telephone conversation would be helpful, we will arrange a suitable time to call you back.
- At the end of the webchat, you will receive a follow-up email with a transcript of the conversation.
We are committed to improving the consultancy advice line service to best meet the needs of our users, we encourage honest feedback via a user feedback survey. We review this feedback on a regular basis and are pleased to share some of the excellent comments we have received specifically in relation to our webchat service:
“Very helpful and went above and beyond to help me with my enquiry! I would strongly recommend this service.”
“The NHAS webchat service is absolutely essential!”
“I received advice through online chat which I thought would be difficult however the advice was delivered to the same standard as on the phone. You also receive a follow-up email with a transcript of the chat”
“Extremely easy to ask for advice. Really relevant and specific questions and equally specific answers. Very grateful for the opportunity to send documentation by email after the end of the chat and really look forward to the advice.”
“Really helpful chat with provision to links and resources in a prompt manner during very stressful times.”
“Excellent, I am very happy to have such professional support. Thank you again.”
Speak to an adviser
To access webchat click the 'chat with us’ button which appears at the top of the page across this site. We look forward to speaking to you soon.