Homelessness Reduction Act
This page will provide the latest updates and progress as the bill passes through parliament.
NHAS are currently developing a package of free training and resources for members, and will continue to provide real-time support through the consultancy line. Look out for the latest information on these pages and in the NHAS e-bulletin.
Information & Resources
- 2 page HRA Flowchart
- NHAS Homelessness Reduction Act webinars available.
- 27 April - Royal Assent given.
- 23 March - The Bill has passed 3rd reading in the House of Lords and will now receive Royal Assent.
- 24 February - second reading of the bill.
- 20 February - Homelessness Reduction Bill: policy factsheets - provide further background information on the measures within the Homelessness Reduction Bill.
- 13 February - Homelessness Reduction Bill: Briefing for Lords Stages: provides background reading in advance of the second reading of the Homelessness Reduction Bill in the House of Lords on 24 February 2017.
- 10 February - Homelessness Reduction Bill 2016-17: Report and Committee Stages.
- 3rd February - Explanatory notes published.
- 31st January - latest version of the bill.
- 23rd January - Committee stage report.
- 17th January - Funding announcement from DCLG.